Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I have a crush on a fictional man, among other things

My past blog entries have been unnecessarily gloomy as of late, as well as dull. Upon wondering why, I realize that I have been introspecting way too much. While gloomy introspection makes a good time to reflect oneself, it makes a horribly boring entry along with the background music of the smallest violin in the world. So here's some lighthearted stuff.

1. Geeky love

Some people will sigh happily and obsess over movie stars (living or dead), others will swoon over idol singers (living or... well, dead) and their pretty man-ness of it all. Meanwhile, I have devoted my fan love to an animated character.

Kotetsu T. Kaburagi/Wild Tiger from Tiger and Bunny.

 I spent over an hour trying to find a decent screenshot of him. I have officially lost all my sanity.


Like some contrived romantic comedy film plot, my encounter with this show has been purely coincidental, a passing curiosity, merely deciding to watch a few episodes thinking, "Well, it doesn't hurt to watch an episode or two".

And then it ended up being my biggest animated obsession in a while.

I will spare the review of the show and its merits in this entry and just say that I now have an immense and irrational crush on a fictional thirty-something old man. I thought this would be less silly than girls who scream in delight over corporate-manufactured pretty boys or rebellious hunks on the silver screen, but no, it's not. It just makes me seem geekier.

I cannot help it; this man is full of dorky adorableness with a good dose of heart, a dash of seriousness, and a sprinkle of slight resignation that the universe is conspiring against him. He also has a penchant of patting all the other characters on the head affectionately, which gives me massive brownie points.


It also helps that he has good fashion sense and a NICE HAT. And is really good looking. I want that hat.

Even if my dignity of a college student tries to stay calm, I cannot help grinning like an idiot and try not to burst into a fangirl scream of delight while watching the show. I can hear Robert laughing at me all the way from Japan. But oh god he's so dreamy aaaaaaaah.

I mean just look at the man.

At least I didn't upload the one screenshot where he is shirtless.

2. Green tea ice cream.


Clearly, this is one of those magical foods that you can't help but fall in love with. After much cravings for good quality green tea ice cream, I decided to make them myself, now that I finally have matcha powder.

It was successful, and it is most delicious.

And once again I realize how much a good food can make you feel better.

My freezer is also temporarily hosting a batch for Andrew, which I will give to him soon. Judging from licking its remnants on the spoon, Andrew's batch tastes much more creamier and well-blended, while mine is slightly rougher and tastes more of matcha. It must be the consistency of whipped cream.

In terms of "Younjoo-scale", I would give the ice cream a 4.5/5. I only hope that the unbelievably stingy "Andrew-scale" would find it palatable. I hope other people will get to have a little bit of it as well, as I am curious about other people's evaluations. because I'm egotistical and want some more praise, as I believe the ice cream came out well.


3. Reading

Although it's been a slow, slow progress (the Internet is much too distracting), I've been picking up several books and so far, I've enjoyed the experience. It has been a while since I read books for leisure and become immersed in them. I need to cut myself off from the Internet more often this summer so I can actually finish the books I've checked out.

There, hasn't this been much more cheerful and interesting to read?
Y's Babbles will come back with potentially more interesting stuff to write as Restaurant Week is here and hopefully I will eat out with company.

P.S. I have also read this entry through and had to edit it three times. I need better proofreading skills.