I knew that this day would come sooner or later, and I awaited for the end of Fullmetal Alchemist feeling both excited and sentimental. After I had read the final chapter, I was left with a humongous grin on my face and a slight, a very, very slight moist in my eyes, undetectable to anyone who'd peer at my face that moment. (If I were more emotional, I probably would have cried.)
I won't say it was perfect, but it was a very strong chapter as always, and I was gazing at every panel and every drawing with minute attention, trying to hold on as much as I could before the end. And when I went through it all, I was immensely satisfied and also felt a little empty. One of my life's biggest happiness... finished.
There's much more I'd like to write, but I can't seem to type more - either because it would be a spoiler, or because I don't know how to organize all the thoughts racing in my mind properly.
So goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Your story was riveting, your characters were wonderful to relate to, and It's been a great few years laughing and (not quite) crying and gasping in horror, sadness, and sheer brilliance. Thanks for doing that.
Adios!