(Link to look at my older, shittier attempt at a 3-page comic thing from last year.)
I attempted a 3-page comic again. This time I thumbnailed the panel layout before drawing but didn't work on writing, so the dialogue came after I drew things out.
Once again, there isn't much going on in terms of story. I just wanted to see how I would do drawing in comic format now that my coloring sucks a little less.
Page 1 (Finished March 23)
This was my first time using the comic format in Clip Studio Paint so this page took forever.
I tried to add more variety into the background compared to my old comic, where I just filled the panels with lockers. I could have put more effort, but this was the most effort I could give before being completely bored by it.
I used a thinner line and a G-pen to make it look less outline-y, which I think I half-succeeded. I'm getting closer to the type of look I want my digital art to have, but I need to figure out a few more things.
---
Page 2 (Finished March 25)
I liked the interaction between Ran and Marie. Their body languages are distinct and adds to the scene.
I should probably use a different font next time.
---
Page 3 (Finished April 2)
I know this page is kind of empty. Kind of a layout fail on my part. I could have used more dynamic body language or different face expressions to liven things up.
You can also see that I stopped giving a shit about backgrounds.
I added gradients on the clothes this time, which seemed to add more dimension, but it's still not quite the look that I am aiming for when drawing.
---
Better-looking than last year, but still VERY amateurish. I don't know if it's the coloring or composition or what. The flat backgrounds probably didn't help.
Some day, YJS. Some day.



No comments:
Post a Comment