Sunday, July 1, 2018

Doodle Diaries: Digital drawings, H1 2018

All digital drawings from January - June 2018.
I drew a lot in the beginning of the year, then depression got the better of me towards mid-late spring and then I hardly drew anything.

Anyway, here they are.

2018/01/08
I like using my high school as backgrounds. The colors came out nice in this one.

2018/01/14
YJS's quest to use every pattern provided by Clip Studio Paint as backgrounds continues.

2018/01/21
First time using 3D models as backgrounds!

2018/02/05
Everyone came out looking kind of chunky. More experimentation using patterns and backgrounds.

2018/02/07
I still like how this one came out. Starting to solidify how to line and color.

2018/03/04
Tried a bunch of experiments on this, such as 3D model posing, different pens, different brushes.
I don't like how it came out, decided to stick with the way I usually line and color.

2018/03/04
Used a photo reference for the go-cart and photo for road background.
I like that I was able to convey a sense of action in this one.


2018/03/27
Used photo references for poses. I think I'm starting to get the hang of how to shade.
It was fun designing clothes for them.

2018/04/16
Spring fashion, part 2. Also used photo reference for poses.

2018/04/21
My school makes for excellent backgrounds.
It was fun adding backlight on them to match the background.

2018/06/28
The first drawing I did after a long bout of not drawing anything digitally.
Relieved to find that I haven't lost any skills during the absence.

1 comment:

  1. These look great! It's so much fun to see how your style is getting better and better and more fluid! Hope you are doing well and sending my very best!

    ReplyDelete