Monday, August 1, 2016

Doodle Diaries: Difficulties - Hands

HANDS, THE BANE OF MY DRAWING PROCESS.

How do you draw hands?!

I see other people's art and they are able to draw beautiful hands, long and thin and bony and just bursting with movement:

Just look at that hand.

SO BONY AND DETAILED.


Look a these hands doing things!

Meanwhile, when I draw hands they look closer to sausages. I also apparently have no idea how wrists look like, or that people should have wrists at all.














I don't understand: I use my hands as reference to figure out joints and knuckle placement and everything but they still end up looking like stubby sausages. What am I doing wrong???

And then one day I took a good long look at my own hand.



 Oh.

My own hands look like stubby sausages. Let me guess, I don't have a prominent wrist either?



Haha nope! Screw this.

*Cries forever*

No comments:

Post a Comment