Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Poland Day 7-10: Golf, Rain, and cray cray neighbors, etc

(btw, this is my 100th blog post! Hooray for not abandoning my blog yet!)

Day 7-8: Golf

In the weekend, the family went golfing.

To be quite honest, I didn't really want to play golf. I'm not a big sports person to begin with (the only sports I even like playing is Tennis and Kendo), and walking under the burning heat to follow around a tiny ball wasn't really my idea of fun.

But I was also aware that complaining about not wanting to play golf is a First World Problem. ESPECIALLY for Korean people, because only the uber-rich are able to play golf in a proper golf course in South Korea. (My family would not be able to afford going to a golf course if they lived in Korea):

Spoiled as fuuuuuuuck.
So I went and stayed quiet.

Because I never really played golf before, I took an hour-long lesson on Saturday. After that, I tagged along my parents and brother (who learned it last year and therefore can play) playing actual golf and acted as a caddie.

Fresh-squeezed orange juice! It was delicious.

OH HAI.

This part of the course looked pretty. The other parts... ehh.

I saw a cat in the golf course.

AND A FOX!
All in all, it was a very okay experience. It didn't rock, it didn't suck, it was OKAY.
Seems like this will be happening every weekend, so I might as well as get used to it.

Day 9-10: Rain

If last week was the week of hellish road-melting heat, this week seems to be the week of cold and rain. How can the weather be so drastically different this week?! One moment I was slathering sunscreen in T-shirts and shorts, next I'm wearing long pants and a raincoat!

Here's a video I took from dad's car, to show you how much it's raining:


More photos of rain:




Day 8-9: Cray cray neighbors

So... we live on the second floor of an apartment.
And the neighbors living on the first floor are a bit crazy.

Apparently it all started last year, my parents explained, when the cleaning lady accidentally broke the plumbing (exactly how, I'm not sure), resulting in water leaking downstairs.

Explanations were attempted, but failed due to language barrier. The downstairs neighbor (a father and daughter; the father owns this building) then proceeded to just cut off water in dad's apartment. The plumbing was fixed and the water restored, but apparently they held a grudge from that incident.

After golf, we came back to the house and was greeted by this taped on the door:


We have not left the front door of the apartment building open (it gets left open sometimes), but after the water leaking, apparently they thought we were responsible for any sort of mishaps in the apartment, because we were the only house with this sign taped on the door.

And yesterday, after the family came back from eating dinner out, we were greeted with this taped on the door.


Dude, what the fuck?!

May I emphasize that this year, we haven't done anything to the neighbors, even accidentally? The only thing we even say to other residents is a "hello" and nothing more.

(Also, if the water leakage happened a year ago, why put passive-aggressive signs on the door now? Doesn't make sense.)

We're just living our lives and not interacting with anyone else in the entire building, and we get stuff like this posted on our door?!

My brother was quite annoyed and tried to do something about it, but mom had advised him to not do anything - "It's best to leave crazy people alone and not provoke them," she said. "Who knows, they might even call the police if we try to argue with them."


Day 10: Shady cleaning lady, part 2

Today (Tuesday), I was supposed to have another golf lesson, but was cancelled due to the rain. Mom and I went to Starbucks again to read and chat.

Coffee and reading is nice.
We had lunch afterwards and made our way back home earlier than usual.

And when we got back home, the cleaning lady was still there.

With her boyfriend. Who was sitting on our chair and watching television.

The cleaning lady looked kind of flustered, muttered something under her breath, and the two of them left without cleaning dad's bedroom. Mom later found that some of her coffee mix was missing. And there were cigarette ashes in the toilet bowl, and bath towels were washed with the bathroom foot rugs. Again.

Shady as fuck, confirmed.

We did tell dad to find another hired help already, but he's not really that quick in handling matters sometimes. We shall see.


Day 10: Choco

Okay, here's trying to end this blog on a more cheerful note.

We went to the Korean store today, and guess who's back in the store?


The Korean store.
Choco!

PLZ LOOK AT CAMERA CHOCO.

The store owner didn't want to leave Choco alone at home, so she brought Choco and her puppies in the second floor of the store, away from the first floor area but still close to her. Granted, Choco didn't/couldn't come down from the stairs, but I was glad to see her again. We even heard the puppies squealing upstairs!

Sleepy dog.

I hope I can see the puppies too before I leave. The puppies would be okay with outside exposure after a month, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment