Monday, June 17, 2013

Poland, Day 1 and 2

The family is going to Poland for a month!

My dad is going there because he works there (and has a small apartment which he currently lives part-time), my brother to do an internship, and my mom to take care of the family. 

And I'm just tagging along because my family can't just leave me in Czech Republic alone for a month. Hahahahaha lazy freeloader (I'll be helping out my mom a bit).

Initially, I was not looking forward to this trip at all - I've never been to dad's place while my mom and brother did last year, and they kept telling me that the stay there was "nothing much to do and it was kind of dull, but tolerable", and that we would be playing a lot of golf.

That was not really my idea of a fun trip, BUT this "trip" is mostly for my brother, and as a freeloading tagalong I have no right to complain. So follow along I did.

Day 1:

On Sunday morning we took a LOT of luggage, and hopped onto dad's car from Prague to Wrocław, Poland. (pronounced "vrots-waf"), a city located in southwest Poland.


Blue star: Prague, Orange star: Wrocław
The entire trip took somewhere around 4-5 hours.

Random shot of Czech Republic.

Random shot of Poland. There were nice buildings below but it didn't come out well.

In the middle of the trip, we stopped by a McDonalds that we often go when taking car trips to other European countries. Some people might think that a McDonalds is not the best place to stop and have a little something, but Czech McDonalds tastes a lot better than American McDonalds.  so don't judge okay aaaa


This McDonalds also has nice interior.


The "McCafe" section. Some of their pastries are decent.
We got hot chocolate and cheesecake.

After a few more hours of driving, we were near dad's place in Wrocław. Before arriving, we stopped at a Korean store nearby to buy some extra groceries for food.

The store owner had a Yorkshire terrier named Choco! Choco was pregnant and the store owner said she was expecting puppies in about two weeks. I think I'll enjoy going to the Korean store.

Sorry no photos of Choco (yet!)  Soon...
(Also, my dad was cooing over Choco the entire time. He's an old-fashioned dad who's too shy/doesn't bother to say anything affectionate to his children, but then he turns around and melts into a puddle of goo over a tiny dog. I've seen him like that before but it's still quite jarring when it happens.)

After unloading our bags, we grocery shopped some more, bought a fan (because it's hot here right now and dad doesn't have one), had dinner and unpacked.

Dad's place is a single-bedroom apartment and has a spacious living room. It's kinda cramped for 4 people, but would be an okay place for one or two.





After unpacking everything we watched some television, washed up, and went to bed.


Day 2:

Woke up with a swollen left eye. Blargh.

So I'm not sure why, but since a few years ago my eyes would inexplicably swell up and itch before dissipating. I have chalked up the possible causes as either stress or dusty environment. I'm still not sure which.

Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as when my eye swelled up in Korea. (Eyes swollen for weeks and had to put in two types of eye drops every day)

Dad left for work, Jin left for internship and mom and I slowly did some housework. She let me rest a bit because of my eye.


The apartment complex has a lot of swallow nests, including my dad's. 
Finally got a shot of the swallow!

It was hot out and since my eye itched I just kind of stayed here all day. Hopefully I'll actually do something in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment