The reason the word "summer" has a parenthesis filled with punctuation marks of disbelief is because, while technically summer, I fail to see the current weather as such.
As I am typing on my blog, I am wearing a jacket, while covering the rest of my body in my mother's quilt while sitting cross-legged. I rub my hands together every now and then so as to keep them from freezing. Meanwhile, it has been raining outside for hours, and the wind is blowing profusely. Just sticking my head outside makes my arm sprout goosebumps and my legs grow weak. According to the internet, it is currently 12 degrees Celsius outside (that's exactly 53.6 degrees Fahrenheit for you Americans who use odd measuring systems).
As most populations of the world are well aware, today is the last day of August, and I feel like I'm in a refrigerator. As far as my body is aware, this isn't summer anymore.
I should probably be grateful to be cold while the Asian countries are suffocating from heat and humidity that won't let go until mid-September, and by god, I do know how hot it can be there. But if you must pardon me, I'm still too flabbergasted by the season dissonance. Czech Republic isn't that sweltering hot of a place to begin with, yes, but I don't recall it being this cold so soon and so consistently in years. I was wearing a T-shirt and shorts just last week!
Meanwhile, it's my last day here before I leave once more for Ann Arbor to begin my junior year of college. After I've finished tutoring, I really haven't been up to much asides from packing and carrying out basic functions of survival. As I have finished packing, there isn't much to do today either. I should be using this time to enjoy myself one last time, to savor the idleness of summer vacation, but... as my anxiety over moving in an apartment, anxiety over junior year, anxiety over wanting to ACTUALLY socialize THIS YEAR with my own countryfolk despite my ongoing fear/shyness has run my brain amok and I just sit on the sofa like a burnt-out machine, as my brain is on a momentary rut.
The future in Ann Arbor isn't suddenly going to be all rosy and happy just because of my getting there. No, I'm not saying I've had a depressing college life so far, it's far from it. But I still have a ways to go if I want to get rid of my (realively minor) anxieties.
Meanwhile, I'll enjoy living as a human popsicle for today before I return to wearing short clothes again in the States.