Friday, August 27, 2010

Haircut

I thought I needed to write something on this blog to keep it alive, lest I leave it alone for months and let it fester and die. Watch me writing about mundane things in life and get utterly bored!

I cut my hair today.

There is nothing dramatic or spectacular about this; I was not pressured to cut my hair in any way, nor did the hairdresser say any odd or silly things during the cut. Hell, he didn't even mess up my hair. He's a really good hairdresser, which is why I keep choosing to get my hair cut in CZ instead of in AA; he's a safe option (also, the one time I did get my hair cut in AA, it became a mess after a month or two.)

If there was anything worth saying about my haircut, it was that my hair is the shortest it has ever been since... actually, I think this is the shortest it's ever been.

I've been near obsessed with having my hair short since last summer, and for some reason, the length keeps getting shorter and shorter every time I get a haircut.

No, it's not about maintenance; I don't mind maintaining my hair at whatever length it is, and I've had my hair fairly long once without problems. It's not about preference, either. I still think long hair is just as pretty, and I fawn over hairstyles that I cannot achieve with my hair length. So... why am I trying to get my hair shorter? Is it a statement? Am I rebelling against some subconscious message that I have yet to decipher? Am I viewing this as stress relief? I'll never know.

Although, I must say, I do look a lot better in short hair than long hair, which is a relief, since I can continue my inexplicable quest of chopping off my locks without looking hideous. I just hope I'll stop myself before I decide to just shave it all off, because with the rate I'm going, it doesn't seem entirely impossible.