Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Doodle Diaries: More drawing with tablets

(Part 1 here)

Still drawing with a tablet, still wondering what I need to do to achieve the look I am going for in my digital drawings.

Once more, here are hours of work and comments on drawings that no one asked for!

2017.07.24 

I wanted to work on shading, I'm not sure if I got it right. Still kind of don't like how the lines and colors came out.

2017.08.06

The rare one where I do kind of like how the colors came out. It was fun playing around with lighting on this one. I don't think school dances are usually this flashy.

*

During the summer, my go-to drawing program Medibang became buggy. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program about 3-4 times and also sent a number of help requests to the people there, but there was no response and the program remained fundamentally buggy.

It got to the point that I decided to jump ship to another drawing program.

I heard that all the cool kids use Clip Studio Paint, and although it was not free, it cost $25 when it was on sale, which is affordable. All drawings from here on out have been drawn using Clip Studio Paint.



2017/09/10

This was more of a test drawing to check out how CSP worked more than being a carefully thought-out drawing. But even with the crude lining and coloring, the end result looked... okay? The coloring/lining mystery continues.

2017/11/05
I wanted to try out some stuff I saw on YouTube art tutorials. I like the colors at least.


2017/12/10

Still trying. There isn't anything super wrong with the picture, but it doesn't look particularly fantastic either. I am starting to lose my patience.


The blueberry cheesecake is the only part of the drawing that came out like I intended. I just wanted to show it off because it's too small in the original drawing. Everything else in this drawing looks amateurish except for the blueberry cheesecake. WHAT IS GOING ON.

2017/12/17

Cute macaron print background! The lines and colors are better-looking than the cheesecake drawing, but something still seems off. The drawing still looks flat despite the shading and whatnot. 

There is something I am clearly missing in my lining/coloring technique and I would like to know what it is.

1 comment:

  1. Your backgrounds are so much fun! And each post your drawings just get better and better. I can't wait to see more and find out the backstories of your characters. Any more slice of life comics? *wags tail hopefully* or EMAIL BLOGS?? I MISS YOU AND I MISS TALES OF YOUR LIFE!!

    ReplyDelete