Friday, May 12, 2017

Doodle Diaries: Doodles, one year apart

Technically I should have done this in April, which was when it was actually a year, but depression caught up so I barely did anything then.

Now that I am taking slightly different meds and have somewhat regained motivation to do other things in life, here's a short comparison post of my drawings, Spring 2016 vs. Spring 2017.

Note: I didn't look at my old drawings when I did the new drawings. But I remembered a few of them from memory and drew somewhat similar poses for the sole purpose of this post.



Hahahahahahaha what the fuck is this hahahahahahaha

It's supposed to be the same person, I swear.

The left drawing was one of the first things I drew after getting back into drawing. That's my excuse for the terrible anatomy.



Forehead kissing, Spring 2016 vs. Spring 2017. 

I am not quite satisfied with the anatomy on the right as well, but I spent an unreasonable amount of time fixing the details and I had to stop at some point. 

At the very least, the two lovebirds now look like they share the same plane of existence.



I was trying to draw a tiny girl with attitude. 

When Robert saw the left drawing last year, he said it looked like she was contemplating what fries to order at a fast food place. 

I hope the right drawing looks more intimidating.


Bonus: Not quite a year apart, but I also wanted to see how this character's appearance changed over time. First drawing vs. most recent drawing of the same kid.



1 comment:

  1. an update!! hope you are doing well and sending lots of good wishes!! amazing what a diff. a year makes right?

    ReplyDelete