Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In Ann Arbor.

School has ended. I'm in Ann Arbor.
I'm staying here mainly to A) work at the Daily, B) study for GRE and C) and... that's about it, really. Besides, I now have an apartment that I can stay in, so why not? At least I have friends here. Dear god do I sound like a sad lonely kid.

For the past two days, I've been studying, writing articles, and generally trying not to fall back into that burnt-out state of mind that cost my GPA this most recent semester. Perhaps the whole fear about the future and pressure about getting a decent job to pay back my tuition just paralyzed me in fear; no wait, it does paralyze me in fear. Call me a weak, whiny wuss, but that's how it is.

I suppose I should be stronger and just bear it. All the college students are going through this cycle anyway (although the only thing preventing me from losing it completely is the portrayal of a hikikomori man I've seen in this one manga series - if anything, that series scares you into keeping your sanity intact even at the worst of times.)

I also needed an excuse to keep this blog running and not let it rot and die away once more. It is most peculiar - suddenly I am at a loss on what to write about.

Well, the summer is long, and I suppose I shall make the most of it.

P.S. Michigan's definition of May weather is like a biploar patient; sweating hot one day, and "I-actually-need-a-jacket" chilly on another, and rainy days in-between. Even the weather isn't really helping matters.