Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Jet lag in Roma Diaries

I fell asleep at around 8PM-ish after dinner. I woke up at 2. I guess this is what happens when you're slightly jetlagged and you go on a family trip.At least I'm not dropping to the ground at 5 or 6 like last year.

It is a good thing that my brother brought his laptop. It is also a good thing that wireless is free here. It is most good that I know how to hack into my brother's code-locked laptop.

Monday, Dec 20:

Arrived in CZ without any problems and arrived home. We had no tree, but mom had decorated the house with enough lights and Christmas bulbs that it was okay. There was a new sofa in the house.

My brother, who came a day before me, had significantly lost weight and had dropped a shirt size. Well damn, now that XXL Michigan shirt is going to be too big for him. Lucky bastard.

Ate delicious home food in the form of rice, seaweed soup, steamed eggs, chicken, kimchi, and salad. I MISSED HOME FOOD SO MUCH MY COOKING HAS LIMITS BAAAAAAW.

My mother had also become a  JYJ fan while we were away. I don't know whether to be amused or afraid.


Tuesday Dec 21:

The car trip to Italy begins.

...and that's all there is to it, really. We just drove the entire day, stopping occasionally for gas, bathrooms, and eating. We did see the Alps on the way, though, which was neat. Arrived at Verona in the night and found a place to sleep.


Wednesday Dec 22:

Arrived in Rome a little later because my dad was absolutely exhausted. Toured round several tourist spots in Rome in the evening, leaving my dad to rest. Gelato is pretty good here, obviously.


Thursday, Dec 23:

Headed out in the morning to see the Colosseum. Also saw some ruins nearby, as well as other historic buildings (pardon my lack of using names, it's 5:40 AM and my mental state is not at its best.)

What is immediately noticeable is the weather. It is not cold. At all.
Venice? It was freezing. Barcelona? It was kinda chilly.
Rome? It's practically warm. It WAS actually warm during midday, much to my confusion.
The only reason I haven't ditched my winter jacket was for the sole reason that it was effective for blocking the strong winds. Goddamn this is probably the warmest holiday season spent in Europe.


Friday, Dec 24:

I dropped and fell asleep without showering around 8PM.

When I opened my eyes to search for a clock, it said it was a little over 2AM.

Took a shower, watched TV, and now hacked into this laptop for the internet. We're supposed to get up early to go to the Vatican in the morning, anyway, might as well stay up a bit (or take a short nap again, depending). Hooray for jet lag.



More to come soon, I suppose.
And of course, the mandatory (?) facebook pictures after the trip is over.