Sunday, September 12, 2010

Of Trials and Tribulations of Junior year, or at least, the first week of it.

The first week of junior year in college presents an ambiguous future, which is not as reassuring as it being off to a good start, or even a horrible, horrible, start.

Danling and I have more or less settled into our apartments; we have the minimum food for survival, finally got wireless today, and the house is pretty cozy once the furnitures are settled in. It takes time to cook sometimes, yes, but we seem to be semi-adept at it and actually cook decent food that we can stomach with some satisfaction.

However, there are some parts of the house that needs fixing, we need more food, and although we appreciate the quiet and privacy of a two-person apartment, we will not quite get over the apartment envy over Carriage House, Charter House, and that huge historical house built by freemasons where Robert, Feiqi, Annie, Sam, and Chris are living. Seriously, their houses are simply better-looking and better furnished than ours. Oh well.

My class schedules are bordering between "dude, WTF" and "that is sweet"; due to once-a-week lectures for my psych classes and odd time schedules, My Mondays through Thursdays are pretty class-free, and the classes so far have seemed okay. This will open up for studying time and chilling time.

Friday, however, may be difficult with the four discussion sections in a row. Perhaps it's time I invested on drinking coffee. Moreover, an English and Psychology double major equals lots and lots of reading and writing, which I enjoy, but there is such a thing called a limit. Also, one of my professors seem to have a bit of a habit to not make himself clear, and I'd like to really know if I'm supposed to read thirty stories, or two hundred, please, sir? Because knowing the right answer can really save my sanity here.

I seem to be doing okay with my friends so far, we're all jolly and happy.

However, a certain drama llama has been galloping around quite a while which I won't discuss, but I hope... things eventually work out. Yeah.

Outwardly, I am seemingly more sociable and approachable to others.

While inside, I still haven't grown up emotionally and the oblgation to act mature kind of drains me out. And let's not even get started on the subject of my identity issues.

Meanwhile, the rest of the college body seems to be partying it up on weekends and police cars/ambulance cars are whooping all around.

A chipmunk was found dead on our sidewalk.

I need to visit North Quad someday.

I'm sleepy and I really should sleep now.