To clarify: technically, I've never completely STOPPED drawing: I have always doodled something even during my "off" years.
![]() |
| I remember drawing this because I got anxious about not drawing as much anymore. |
It's just that I used to draw roughly 3-4 times a week, but during the "off" years, not counting the art class I took in senior year, the amount dwindled to roughly 3-4 times a month. And most of that consisted of doodling on my college notebooks during class, so while I technically drew something, it wasn't really anything of substance.
(That's drawing for 36~48 days out of 365 days versus drawing 156~208 days out of 365 days.)
Most importantly, I was just less excited about drawing in general and needed to be "forced" to draw for a class or something to get any sort of joy out of it.
So I was pretty happy to have gotten back that burning will to draw after so many years. Of course, there's no way of knowing if or when it would go away again, but I'm hoping that it stays for a while this time.
Since I resumed drawing regularly I've also wanted to announce every little thing about it to the world, like all the joy and pain and the blunders and progresses... basically, I wanted to act like those parents on Facebook who overshare stories about their newborn babies.
But I know everyone hates the parents on Facebook who overshare stories about their newborn babies. So I decided to dump all of my stories here, on my very old and very dead blog.
I will blather about pointless things a lot and sometimes I will sound like a completely mental person and not at all like a mature, functioning adult of 26. But I don't care.
Entries will vary wildly in length and updates will be sporadic. And knowing me, I might not bother with this after like, the first ten entries. But hey, here we go.



No comments:
Post a Comment