Hmm, I'm at home, eating home food, reading, sleeping, surfing on the Internet and chatting with my family! What is it that I should be doing right now?
Oh right, being more productive with my free time.
Ever since coming home for break I've been teetering on that slippery slope between chilling and being a little too lazy, and now with about five days left of my time here, perhaps I should start being a little more productive again.
This is hardly a New Year's resolution (hell, it's still 2011), but some things I do need to do this break, not in any particular order of significance, is...
1) Play more Skyward Sword
It's my first attempt at seriously playing a video game (which was one of my leisurely goals for a while), and I've left it alone for like four or five days now. Yes, I probably won't be able to finish it before break's over and I can continue playing in the summer, but I would still like to get past that goddamn spider in the dungeon and at least finish the first boss.
I even planned to do a blog post (that about two people will read) about it! I must save the post from being forever buried in the "saved" archives.
2) Greet friends for the New Year
I was simultaneously too lazy and too occupied (yes, this is possible) to greet everyone a Happy Holidays, and I feel horrible for skimping out on Fumiko's birthday save for a Facebook wall post when she still mails me presents for my birthday like clockwork. I haven't e-mailed Minju in a while either. To rectify this, I must wish my friends a Happy New Year.
3) GRE
Well, that's one thing I've actually been doing, thankfully. I still must remind myself to finish the book before I hop on the plane like I planned.
4) Finish The Solitaire Mystery, and maybe re-read Sophie's World while you're at it
I've been re-reading The Solitaire Mystery and I am loving it. It's actually been a while that I've forgotten much of the details of the book, so it's almost like reading a new book. Almost. It'd be fun re-reading Sophie's World too, now that I'm a college senior and would probably comprehend the book much better than when I was in high school.
I do enjoy Jostein Gaarder's books.
5) Make the blog more interesting
The question is, how?
I couldn't help but notice that my blog posts became less of "funny stuff that happened that I record" and more of "let me ramble without a goal or purpose for five whole pages"
I still don't know who checks my blogs and if they still do anymore (I mean I haven't updated, and I disabled the comments section. HMM WAIT A MINUTE-). But I do want to continue the blog and make interesting posts for myself and others.
I think the whole thing has to do with how I really don't go out much in general. There's only so much I can write about on stuff I think about, and nothing really happens when you wake up, wash, go to class, eat, do homework and sleep.
And kendo. But I feel too self-conscious to write about my physical and mental development and inner growth and all that. IT SOUNDS SO CHEESY AAAAAH. And other than that, the only thing I can do is just list what I've learned and who I sparred against ("Dear Diary, today Watanabe sensei taught us how to do such-and-such moves, and I did jigeiko against Mike and Brian. Antai doesn't really count because he just lets me hit his head over and over again until I am sufficiently speedy and in good form. Like always.").
Somehow I seem to lose the ability to write in an entertaining manner as I grow older. Or is it that I've become a stuffy and boring adult? Gasp!
Edit: I have decided to leave comments un-disabled! Or should I say activated? abled? Switched on? Turned on? (that doesn't sound right)
No one is obligated to comment, of course. But maybe, just MAYBE, if anyone writes something, it might be an incentive to update regularly. MAYBE.
No comments:
Post a Comment