I meant to write entries for September, but somehow I never found my chance, and before I knew it, the entire month had gone by. So here are mini-entries about what happened in September and subsequent feelings of it.
1. Senior year, and class adding/dropping.
You'd think that there would be no more hassles with classes when you've become a college senior. But the first few weeks were absolutely chaotic.
First, a Korean literature class I was to take had been cancelled. It's not even a section cancellation; the ENTIRE CLASS was gone, poof, and I was told to drop it from Wolverine Access. To fill up my credit hours, I needed to find a new class (which I did).
Secondly, I was waitlisted on a psychology class on children's literature. At the same time, I was enrolled for a developmental psych class. As luck would have it, the first day of the waitlisted class was full of whimsy and rainbow and unicorns, while the other class showed an ominous start, with an absentminded professor who did nothing but brag about her rich in-laws for thirty minutes before dismissing us. (I later found out that the professor had abysmal reviews on ratemyprofessors. com. Oh shit.) Luckily, I got into the chidren's lit class, so I was able to drop the other class. THANK YOU, GOD OF COLLEGE CLASSES, THANK YOU.
This is the only happy image I have.
2. 3rd Hunt Lounge has relocated
Not the actual lounge, but the people who commonly inhabited it - Andrew, Michelle, Steffie, Jordan, and Ben - had moved into one house, which happens to be the second floor of the house that Robert, Feiqi and co are living in. So now people are kind of living like one big chaotic family in one house (except me). I must say, the upper floor has a much cleaner and nicer arrangements. I expect to visit and study there often.
Will everyone get along, like this giraffe and penguin?
3. Tiger and Bunny ends
Tiger and Bunny, the anime series that I
(The "manual" books that the studio publishes aren't making things any better. Nathan had a sad backstory? Ivan looks up to Keith a lot? Nathan and Antonio have a more mature relationship than Antonio does with Kotetsu? Pao-lin and her manager/guardian get along well? SHOW US THESE THINGS IN THE SHOW, DAMMIT, STOP TELLING US ALL THIS IN A BOOK AFTER THE SHOW IS OVER!)
But all in all, I still loved the heck out of the series and would still gladly reccomend it to others. The character development of the two main leads were very well written; it was like seeing two real people react to real situations. And more importantly, you UNDERSTOOD why they acted the way they did and felt for them throughout the series. Not to mention that the premise of corporate-sponsored superheroes is really interesting.
So it was great fun watching the series.
Also, Kotetsu is gorgeous inspiring.
And Barnaby is a lovable prick.
4. Avenue Q
(I forgot to add this in last night! How could I forget this one?)
Through the LSA Honors, Robert, Andrew and I procured tickets for Avenue Q at just $5 (about 22% off original ticket price) and watched the show at the Mendelsohn theater.
The show was amazing. The songs were catchy, the content was truly relevant to college students everywhere, and it was both funny and throught-provoking.
After the show, the little Honors group got to get behind the stage and talk with the actors and see how they controlled the puppet and how the magic was done. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but oh, the privilege of LSA Honors was so sweet that day.
I think I had the biggest, silliest grin after the play, and when one of the actors told me that "Your hedgehog shirt is awesome", I think I jumped around in girlish glee for a good fifteen minutes. It was definitely one of my happiest days in September.



